You’re going to love this salad with smoky chickpeas, and the dressing you’ll want to add to everything such as in burgers, sandwiches, wraps or drizzled on top of tacos.!! This salad was quite the crowd pleaser for an event held at Tamerlaine Farm Sanctuary so If you’re looking for a salad for a large group gathering, give this a go and triple the recipe!
For the kale, a strong curly variety is best and there’s no need to massage it, the dressing will soften the kale a bit on its own but still maintain a nice firm texture.
Note: The dressing is thick, if thinner consistency is desired add 1 Tbsp of water at a time and taste. Leave thick for burgers and sandwiches
- 2 cups chickpeas fresh or rinsed well if canned
- 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- Sprinkle of Apple wood smoked sea salt or other smoked sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- Mint – about 12 leaves
- Handful cilantro – stems ok
- 1 Jalapeno remove seeds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Curly kale
- Green leaf
- Fresh Mint
- Dried Cranberry rehydrated or not
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oil on high heat, add the chickpeas, sprinkle with paprika, smoked salt and toss for 2 minutes. Remove from heat
- add all ingredients to a powerful blender and blend until creamy.
- Chop the kale and green leaf and add to large bowl along with the chopped mint. Add the dressing and mix well. Season with black pepper and sea salt if needed. Serve in bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds, the cranberry and a side of avocado