One pot meals are my favorite for those evenings where I’m feeling a little lazy about cooking but still want something delicious and warming. This easy curry bowl comes together quickly and requires very little work and still tastes incredibly wonderful. The red lentils make it a thick soup and the potato adds chunks of additional texture and sweetness. I’ve made this also with eggplant instead of the sweet potato and just as nice. You can also slice carrots into thin rounds and add that along with the sweet potato.
Note: The cauliflower is optional but not necessary. If you like this addition roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes with a little coconut oil and sea salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 clove garlic minced
- 1 heaping tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 cup red lentils rinsed
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pinch of cayenne to desired heat or red pepper flakes
- 14 oz fire roasted tomatoes or tomatoes in their juice crushed in blender
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Saute the onion with large pinch of sea salt for 3-4 minutes, Add the ginger and garlic and stir one minute. Add the curry powder, turmeric, coriander, and stir 30 seconds until fragrant then add sweet potato and stir 1 minute, the lentils and stir one minute, add the tomatoes and stir, the coconut and stir then the broth and maple syrup, bring to a boil then simmer on low heat covered until potato and red lentil is tender about 15-20 minutes. Taste for doneness and add more salt to taste.
- Serve in a bowl and top with fresh cilantro and wedge of lemon.