Loving this oat porridge, it’s crunchy, sweet, fragrant and silky from the banana, with just a tinge of sour from the blueberry. This came together in about 15 minutes. Not bad for something so lovely and nourishing.
Note: cardamom or pinch of nutmeg would also make a great replacement to allspice.
Have you tried this recipe? We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments section.
- Rolled Oat Porridge with Caramelized Banana and Toasted Coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups non dairy milk – I used coconut
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- Pinch allspice
- Small pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup dry coconut – large flakes
- 1 banana sliced into rounds
- Coconut oil
- Blueberries optional
- Hazelnut toasted and chopped
- Maple syrup
- Add oats to a small pot with the milk, spices and sea salt. Stir to combine and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes or until thick.
- While the oats are cooking toast the coconut in a pan tossing regularly to prevent burning. Allow to golden. Remove from heat. In the same pan melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil then add sliced banana. Let it sit about a minute then flip the slices let sit another minute. Repeat a couple of times until both sides are golden.
- Add oats to a bowl, top with banana, coconut, chopped nuts, blueberries, maple syrup