Can you believe this mousse comes together in about 10 minutes assuming you have all other toppings ready to go, if not add 5 more minutes! I love this for breakfast, or a snack or just a treat. It’s so healthy your kids may like it too!!!
Enjoy! And if you try this please let us know in the comments below.
Note: Threr’s a lot of room to play with this recipe, you can even add nut butter to the mix, such as peanut, which is my favorite.
When toasting the coconut and nuts make enough for future toppings and keep stored in a jar that way they are ready to go! The whipped cream I had on hand as a left over and love it as a topping, takes it to a whole new level and looks so pretty, especially if you want to share with friends.
If using whipped cream you’ll need to plan ahead and place a can in the fridge overnight to allow fat to form a solid for whipping. link to recipe below. if you don’t want the whip, add fruit on top and finish with toasted nuts or seeds and/or toasted coconut flakes.
serves 2 generous portions
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 leveled Tablespoon raw cacao
- Pinch sea salt – brings out the flavor
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted coconut flakes – takes two minutes in a pan
- Toasted almonds or your favorite – if using shaved no need to toast
- Fresh fruit more banana or berries
- Coconut whipped cream
- My favorite is the whip cream with toasted coconut and almond slivers!
- Add all the mousse ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add your favorite toppings.